Thursday, November 23, 2006

No knead bread

I knew right away that I had added too much water. Well, actually at first I took your advice and used 1 1/2 cups, but that seemed too dry, so I dumped in more. Dumped carelessly and without measuring, I might add. Without thinking- "hey, I'm baking". So the dough was a wet mess all throughout the process. BUT, I carried on. It ended up almost perfect, actually. A bit moist, yes. But the crust was nice and crispy and the crumb (I think that's what you call it) was dense and yummy. So unlike the light airy breads you find here. A very rustic bread which I will make again and again (though next time I will actually have butter in the house so as to recreate my childhood snow day memory of homemade bread, hot out of the oven slathered in DELICIOUS butter). And sooo easy.

I toasted the slices, rubbed them with garlic, drizzled them with olive oil, and sprinkled them with parsley. It will be a yummy breakfast tomorrow, too.

Thanks for the inspiration, Lou Lou!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So glad it turned out! It is yummy stuff.
Where did you have dinner?